Interstate Adoptions

If the child you are adopting is going to be born in Florida, the adoptive family must hire a Florida adoption entity for placement of the child. If the adoptive family chooses to hire an attorney as their adoption entity, we can handle your entire case, even if you reside outside of the state of Florida. When a child crosses state lines for the purposes of adoption, the Interstate Compact Placement of Children (ICPC) is implicated. Likewise, if you are an adoptive family residing in Florida, working with an out-of-state birth mother who wants to place her child with you, we can represent you in both the ICPC process and the adoption. If you need representation for a proposed adoption that involves Florida and another state, please contact us today.